Posted on

What about my flood insurance

Once the flood zone is changed on your property mandatory flood insurance is no longer required by FEMA. You then have 2 choices.
First you can cancel your current national flood insurance policy NFIP and obtain a full refund for the current premium year that you have already paid as long as the payment is current and there have been no claims. We will provide the forms to obtain your refund.
Or you may choose to continue to carry flood insurance through a preferred risk policy and since the insurance is not required you can carry any amount of coverage you want. You do not need to carry the full amount of your mortgage if you choose. Premiums are greatly reduced when you choose this option.